Thursday, June 26, 2014

How to Eat like a College Student

Eat Well on $4 a day: Good and Cheap 

By: Leanne Brown



The idea behind the book

The layout

It begins with tips on how to keep a well stocked pantry and tips for eating well and shopping well. Then she goes on to list recipes for each meal; breakfast, lunch, dinner and extras like snack recipes. 

Why she created it?

"It bothered me that so many ideas for fixing the food system leave out the poor: it seemed like they didn't have a voice in the food movement. I wanted to create a resource that would promote the joy of cooking and show just how delicious and inspiring a cheap meal can be if you cook it yourself." - Leanne Brown, Good and Cheap

Why read/buy this book?




Budget friendly 

This book is especially helpful for me because I go to school and work at the same time so I don't exactly have a ton of money leftover (most of the time) to spend on groceries every week. I mean I live with my mom so I don't have as many expenses as other college students have, but I do still have to pay rent. It really makes me feel grateful for people who have the same problem to create this.

Amazing looking recipes

Every single picture in this book drags me further and further into it. I mean I look at one picture and it makes me super hungry. And looking at the ingredients and instructions I'm like, "I can make that!!" But seriously I have to give props to her food photography, it really ties the books together.

Creativity 


Even I have to admit that she definitely took the time to create and review these recipes to put in this book. Or maybe I'm just saying that because I could never create such an amazing cookbook like this one. But that's besides the point. I really appreciate that she thought of this idea in a new way, I mean yes you can find other books like this, but I never really thought those other books really were "budget friendly."


 

Price

FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Other Books by the Author












No comments:

Post a Comment